Monday, April 23, 2012

My Oddities

I'm a light switch Nazi. If there are two, it's important to me to have them both going in the same direction if possible. I'll walk in the dark for a while to make sure they are pointing the same way.

Toilet paper needs to come out on top.

No crumbs on the floor. If I have to brush my feet off after walking across the kitchen, it's time to sweep.

I like my sleep, but if I don't manage to get a few physical things (includes going to the park, playing with kids, or exercising) done by lunchtime then I'm bugged. Especially if I can't get out that afternoon.

When I eat corn on the cob I clean that cob off!  Compare mine to what yours usually looks like and tell me what you think.  :)


When in a crowd of people who don't know each other, I end up trying to be funny and always end up being loud.  I think I do it because I'm just as anxious to help others feel at ease/not feel left out as I am about feeling a little uncomfortable myself.  There is a part of me that is ashamed of this loudness and another part of me that says, "Who Cares!!"

I still dislike the dentist and shots.  I put up with them because I know they help me, but I still don't like them.

My brain works so much faster than my mouth that I often find myself getting tongue-tied over simple phrases.  I wish I could tell you how often this happens.  I've lost count.

My behavior weighs in just as heavily on the goofy side as it does on the cultured/elegant side.


My spirit is currently at war with itself as to whether I want to end up in the country or in a suburb of a big city with lots of neighbors. There are bonuses both ways.

I like to have a general outline of things that need to happen and priorities and then fly by the seat of my pants.

I am an aqua-phobic.  I have a really hard time with water when I can't see the bottom, don't know the depth,  or when I don't know what kinds of creatures live in it. 

I'm just now starting to master the skill of making my bed on a daily basis.... Sorry mother.

I also can't do underground things very well.  I had my first breakdown in the Utah mines on a choir trip in high school and haven't been the same since.

I clean my plate.  All of it.  I even scrape it clean with the fork to get as much as I can.  I inherited this quirk from my Dad.  Now nearly all of my siblings do it and it drives my mom nuts.

I still have a dream of being a voice for a Disney character someday.  Who knows, right?  At this point, I'll probably end up being a Mother Gothel persona.  I've gotten too old to do the pretty D.I.D. (Damsel In Distress).

4 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

I LOVE this! And I felt like I was reading about myself in half of them. So crazy. Also, you really need to do the whole Disney voice thing. You'd be so perfect for that!

Hannah said...

You also drink the bubbles out of the milk!!

Lake Powell solidified my water fear since the canyons got really thin and the canyon walls disappeared in the water... NO BUENO!!

Your corn on the cob is a little crazy....

I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE OCD ABOUT LIGHT SWITCHES OR TP!!! How did I miss that about you?

I still don't make my bed.

When I come to visit (not if...) we will sing a lot of Disney :)

Liz said...

I share several of these with you. It makes me want to sit down and think of the quirky things about me that make me who I am. I agree with your friend, you'd make an awesome character voice!

Kat Curtis said...

Oh, how fun! I love that. I think you would make the perfect Disney character - you have a great speaking voice, and your singing voice is fantastic - it's the whole deal. :) I, also, do not like the light switches in opposite directions. And I think it probably was good not to post a cheese picture - that is hilarious, though.