Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Killing, A Success, and A Change

A while back I was playing with the kids.  It was a version of a snowball fight, but with bean bags.  I'm really not sure what the object of the game was.  But we were in the "nicer" room with the piano.  I kept asking them to be careful of where they threw the bean bags for fear of breaking something.  I should have just moved everything that was breakable.  Then this:
 
I was so heartbroken.  This was Michael's wedding gift to me.  He lost his head over it.  :)  Really, I cried.  I wanted to shout, and be angry, but all I could do was cry.  I ran upstairs, cried, prayed for calm and perspective, and cried some more before I headed back downstairs.  I can laugh about it now, but I was grateful that the Lord helped me through that one.


On a different note, we finally finished the primary bulletin board that should have happened in January... But it's finished and it looks great!  I wish I could take credit for it, but it was all my counselor and secretary.  They spent a lot of time on it. All I did was say "yes" or "no" to what they were thinking/planning.



Bekah's top front teeth have been wiggly and loose for over a month now.  The dentist said she'd lose them any day.  I waited, and waited, and waited - holding on to some change for the tooth fairy.  FINALLY she lost them - within 24 hrs of each other.  She's now lost 4 teeth altogether.  Her smile is precious and priceless.
She's so pleased with it all.  :)  I can't believe that she will turn 7 this summer.  She still seems so young and yet I expect her to act so mature.  She hasn't even reached the age of accountability for goodness sake!  I felt very humbled over the last month as I've reflected on those facts.  I've made a good effort in the last week to be more caring, tender, and individual with her.  It's been wonderful.  I sure love this girl and the adorable face that is hers!

2 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

oh I would be so distraught! I'm so sorry. But I admire that you left to pray for help to be calm before lashing out. That is SO hard to do. You are truly a great mother. Thank goodness for superglue...i hope?

Hannah said...

I LOVED talking to all y'all on Sunday! It was fun to see how much the kids have grown. The bulletin looks awesome. Also, I had to look at the statue for a LONG time to figure out what was wrong with it. HAHA!