Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Amazing Grace

I remember crying when I saw this preview. It was very moving for me. Michael and I made a mental note to see this when it was at Redbox (some of you may know what that is). So we finally rented it and were extremely impressed. Very clean, very moving, very motivating, and uplifting. I highly recommend it. It's a been a bit of a sleeper at the box office, but I've decided that's not a decent judge of how a film really is. It's the story of the man behind slave abolition in England. I had no idea that this story existed, but it will never leave my mind again.

4 comments:

Jill said...

John and I rented this on Saturday night. I too loved it, especially the end. :) Did you see the preview for "The Ultimate Gift"? That was such a good movie too!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I watched this about a month ago, I don't even remember seeing the preview just thought it looked interesting! I LOVED IT too, one of the best movies I have seen recently too! What an inspiration!

Tiffany said...

Guess I will have to try this one out, I have never heard of it. I love those redbox DVD rental things!

Kat Curtis said...

That is a GREAT movie! We actually just rented it a couple of weeks ago as well. It makes you want to find something to fight for!! (Well, I usually want to try to find something to fight for - Jeremy says I have "let my people go" syndrome - but it refueled the fire!)