Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

We've now been here officially for a week.

I'm proud to say that I only have three boxes left to unpack. I FINALLY got the kids room to get it into shape. It seemed that one of them was always napping when I wanted or needed to get in there. But I buckled down this morning and did most of it before I took a shower. Go Me!! Two of the boxes left and full of pictures - I don't feel that they really count. As soon as I get permission, I'm putting those babies all over the walls! :) We really are blessed, you know?

I've only met on woman in the ward whom I now know by name. I feel a bit lonely. But the unpacking has kept most of that at bay long enough to get to another Sunday. It's funny how those who live in townhomes/condos or apartments tend to stay to themselves. We women don't get out of the house tons anyway if we're not in our cars. However, it seems that I hardly see anyone out and walking around. I think it will get better as it gets warmer. Time will also help. I do like it thusfar, but it would be nice to know a few people.

Patrick decided he wanted to crawl on the day that we moved in. So suddenly, there's a little person into everything that he can get his hands on moving around the floor and getting under everyone's feet. I swear it always happens at the worst times. But in the same breath I will tell you that I'm thrilled for him! I'm so excited and relieved to know that he can finally get around a bit. Unfortunately, that also means that he can get to my legs easier to just hang on and whine for me to pick him up. . . :( Oh, well. Speaking of, has anyone else's thumbs hurt after a while just because your picking your child up? Patrick is weighing in at over 21 lbs. and it takes it's toll on my thumb joints. They're getting better, but they were feeling very bent out of shape about two weeks ago.

Rebekah has decided that it's absolutely necessary to step on anything that's on the floor, climb on anything that could be dangerous (or not), and scream "STOP IT" at me when I ask her not to do something. I'm trying to decide if it's funny or just plain annoying. Usually the vote is heavily weighed on the annoying side. We've had a lot of time in the time-out chair to learn how to talk to mommy lately.

Has anyone ever had that lovely experience of moving into a place and finding it dirtier than the place you just left? I thought my poor hands were going to get a break from cleaning for a week or so, but apparently the Landlords had something else in mind. I thought seriously about complaining and having them clean it, but I never got around to it and then figured it would get done faster if I just buckled down and did it myself.

I had to share a few random pictures. Rebekah is eating quite a bit better now - as proof, I have a picture of her eating her spaghetti. One of those wonderful foods that's better the more you spread it around, right? Also, she was found wearing this combo earlier this morning. I put the dress on over her original outfit, she found the hat and gloves. I thought that it was remarkable that she managed to put the gloves on right. Talk about a funny combination!


5 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! You've survived your move! It's always nice to get through the boxes and feel like you're back home again.

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray for unpacked boxes! Doesn't it feel nice to get a surge of motivation some mornings? My yard felt that a couple of days ago. Of course Patrick would learn to crawl when he has new digs to crawl around - I'm sure that's all sorts of fun (both really and sarcastically). :) By the way, I love the nice dress up picture of Rebekah!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

WOW Racheal, I felt like I was reading my lifes story here. The last two places we moved to were FILTHY, I did complain because the first one I was two weeks from having a baby and the second one was five days after my surgery, they sent someone out there to do it, but they just don't do it like you can. So I ended up doing it myself anyway! My thumbs don't hurt but my arms sure do after carrying Landens 25lbs around, oh and he crawled the day of our second move too! I am right there with you with the little one talking back. Ethan told Derrick today "daddy, you are driving me nuts". I also got caught in an argument with him today when I asked him to do something, and he was actually telling why he wouldn't.....that was until I realized I AM THE PARENT:)! Can't believe I even got caught in it in the first place, it just seems like he just started this bold protesting lately. Ooops, sorry for the Novel..... I am glad you guys are moved in already!!

Mindy said...

I got an old roommate there if you'd like to meet her, she has two kids too. But I'm sure you'll be meeting people in no-time.
Hmm....try lifting with your knees, not thumbs...just kidding.
Good to hear you're all moved in and doing well. Love the picture of Rebecca covered in spaghetti.
:)

Mandie said...

Wow, You've got quite an exciting life right now! Hope things calm down soon.

Carter is in the timid stages of crawling and he gets pretty angry when he gets in precarious positions. I do a lot of lifting too, and Carter is now 22 lbs, but I haven't noticed my thumbs hurting...yet.