Sunday, February 10, 2008

Progress comes in Small Bites

We've begun the laborious task of packing. Ugh. But I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. :) Yesterday two women came to help me pack and we almost completed the upper level of the house! I know I have a LOT more to do, but it helps me feel like I'm moving forward. This whole "packing-by-myself" thing isn't what I want to do ever again. Unfortunately, it will probably happen like this all of the time with this company. Oh, well.
Michael went down to St. George yesterday to find a place for us to stay and was done within the first hour of looking! I was very impressed. I think we will really enjoy our stay there however long it may end up being.
Poor Rebekah senses that something is going on but really has no clue what it is. She struggled to sleep at all yesterday. I think I've thrown too many things at her at once. As of two nights ago I started her sleeping in a twin bed and it just happened to be in a different room from the one she's used to sleeping in. I think she freaked out a bit and amidst all the packing, didn't know what to do but throw a fit.
As for me, I'd be pulling my hair out if it wasn't for Joseph. He came down to wash our windows (his Christmas gift) and decided to stay a little longer in order to help me keep my sanity. (Okay, he's staying for a different reason, but it helps me all the same.) I truly would be lonely if he weren't here. Thank you Joseph!! You are my hero!

9 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

What a great brother! Change is so hard for children, but the good thing is they adjust well and I think this helps them learn to adapt to things easier as they get older:)!

Beth said...

Thank goodness for friends & family!

BMac said...

So, I've got two questions:
(1) Is this really temporary? Are you just moving because it's a seasonal assignment?;
(2) What's the real reason Joseph is visiting?

Emily said...

Good luck with your move! St. George sounds like a nice place to be about now. :D It's hard on kids to move, but I'm sure you'll all get adjusted soon.

Melyssa said...

I am glad to here about this job opportunity, even with the cons of packing/moving/adjusting in such a short amount of time. We have had to move on short notice a couple of times for our internships and it was really stressful but also a lot of fun once we got to explore our new areas. I wish I lived closer so I could help you pack! I am rooting for you! (Sorry we missed you when you came to Rexburg for a visit) :(

Hohmann Family said...

This really should be temporary. They've told us that it should be 6 months to a year. However, the last manager was only there 4 months and the ones before that were a year or more. So as long as Michael keeps all his numbers in order, he can apply for a promotion at any time and we'll come back up here.
Joseph really had to stay because he banks at a credit union here in the valley and had to catch it on Monday when it opened up. How was that for an explanation?

Suzanne said...

Hey Racheal. Good luck on your move. Moving is my least favorite thing in the world, honest. So I hope it goes smoothly and easily!
I've been trying to figure out how to get Alicen's email to you. (I can't send a message through blogger) And I'm pretty sure I don't have your email addy. If you could email me at mine, (my first and last name at gmail.com) I'll get it to you. Or do you think it would be okay to post it on here since it's a closed blog? Maybe we should do that and then you can delete my comment once you've gotten it? Anyways, let me know what you'd like me to do. I'll check back here soon.

Suzanne said...

Sorry, do you even know my new last name?

Mindy said...

Don't try potty training during a move FYI. It is really stressful for kids, everything should be kept as they know it, routines, etc. to help them. Good luck! Hope you put pictures up right away of Sunny St. George.