Michael is out Rhino riding today. We had no idea what they were until 24 hrs. beforehand. These are MEGA 4-wheelers with roll cages. Yeah. Makes me feel really secure about sending him out there with another 4 guys to tough it out. (not) His boss is taking him. Not sure if that's any better.
Anyhoo, I got up a little later this morning and stuttered through my scriptures. I had to get bits of breakfast for kiddies in the midst of reading Christ's "sermon on the mount" to the Nephites. Actually, I got a lot more out of that chapter than I usually do. Very poignant. Needless to say, my morning prayers were delayed. They didn't happen until after I was out of the shower at 10 a.m. I've never been very good at getting prayer in at morning and night and reading my scriptures. This is the first time in my life it's been so. It's been happening for a week and a half. I'm excited. I find it helps me be so much more patient with the kids and have a much better perspective of what's a priority for me each day.
But there are days that still get away from you no matter what you do and you can't wait for nap/bed time just so that sanity can reign again. After lunch, Patrick had a blow-out. While I was changing him, Rebekah had carted the just-emptied milk jug into their room with her and preceeded to dump the few remains of milk out onto her bed. I didn't notice until the damage had been done. She even tried to clean up after herself with a wipe (bless her) and for some reason it just aggrivated me more. I did keep my head though. Came back downstairs. Rebekah starts to color with a highlighter. Okay. So she gets a little on her fingers. Still okay. I went in the other room to give Patrick his bottle for naptime. Come back and found she's colored all over the paper I was using to track our finances. (Groan/half laugh) I'm ready to be done. Can I have the rest of the day off?
Love my kids, just need a break every now and again. Maybe that's why a lot of church leaders advise us to get out on a date once a week. Then we can remain sane. :) Have a splen-di-fer-ous day!
6 comments:
I have SO HAD THOSE DAYS!!!! Oh my gosh!!! As for your note on my blog...It's hard when what we feel doesn't match what we can afford. We thought about that after #2 and Kelsie was an OOPS...then I said was done for a while, and Adam came as another oops...Heavenly Father always takes care of those who are taking care of his children :) Date nights are amazing and yet...we rarely get them... :) Thus is life :)
I feel your pain. :) I do feel a little bit guilty when I am counting down the time until bedtime, but this whole motherhood thing is grueling work at times. Ethan is potty trained now, but not altogether reliable about telling mom when he needs to be wiped, and it is so frustrating when he starts walking around the house, (unwiped) and sitting on the carpet and then (when I'm done changing a poopy blowout on jake or some other equally delightful task) I discover Ethan and I just have to breathe so I don't freak out. Will my life ever not revolve around pooop?!?!
Keep up the good work. Looks like you guys are having fun.
I feel your pain. :) I do feel a little bit guilty when I am counting down the time until bedtime, but this whole motherhood thing is grueling work at times. Ethan is potty trained now, but not altogether reliable about telling mom when he needs to be wiped, and it is so frustrating when he starts walking around the house, (unwiped) and sitting on the carpet and then (when I'm done changing a poopy blowout on jake or some other equally delightful task) I discover Ethan and I just have to breathe so I don't freak out. Will my life ever not revolve around pooop?!?!
Keep up the good work. Looks like you guys are having fun.
Hey, e-mail me at offwoodlandlane@gmail.com, I give my friends great discounts! :) I would love to make you one! :)
Ahhh, the joys of motherhood. Isn't it funny that days like this seem like they'll never end while the calm, peaceful days when our children actually behave like the little angels they are zip by too quickly?!?! I am glad to know I am not alone in my frustrations :) Your posts help keep me sane.
Here-here woman! You know I was just talking to Serina about that today! Sometimes naps are more necessary for me than them! I say take the rest of the day off for sure:)!
Post a Comment