Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yucky Things

We had our first cockroach this morning. Alive. Slowly crawling up our wall. I vacuumed it up as soon as I knew what it was. Yeah. Any tips would be appreciated. I'd rather not battle the things all summer.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Exterminators. That's the only thing that helps us. It's really bad for us b/c we live next to orange groves and they are everywhere out here! I HATE them!!

Mindy said...

Well, that gave me the hee-bee-gee-bees. Good luck!

Beth said...

Thansk for letting me know why, besides the heat, I NEVER want to move to St. George. Sorry for they yuckiness of bugs! In Kentucky I was always afraid I was going to see some nasty bugs. But, thankfully, I never did! Except for when my roommate's dog got fleas. That was pretty nasty I guess.

Chandler Family said...

So I was wondering if vacuuming up the bug really gets rid of it (kills it)or can they crawl out again? I sure hope it kills it for your sake...

Mimi said...

It happens...sometimes.

lol mimi and papaw

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Yah, we get them too and I can't figure out how to get rid of them! You never get used to them that is for sure. Hey, thanks for the comments on the post I deleted. Sleep deprivation was a HUGE factor and you know how it goes, these last few months have just been tiring and I am VERY tired of it all. I feel bad because I do all I can do for him and nothing helps....oh well, that is motherhood for you. Thank for the comfort words though!

Kat Curtis said...

Hear hear to the exterminators. Or just buy some spray for $10 at Wal-Mart and do it yourself. Spray outside and inside. We had some seriously nasty roaches in our first San Antonio apartment (they were our first friends there, come to think of it...) and they eventually went away. If they're water bugs and not roaches, you'll need a different set of ammo. Good luck!

Kat Curtis said...

And you're lucky it was crawling slowly. Usually they're fast little boogers. :)