Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pictures Anyone?

Well, I haven't had pictures of us up on the blog for so long that I felt I needed to make up for it in a way. Here it goes! These are all from our hike at Red Cliffs a few weekends ago. It was a lot of fun.

This was a giant tree that had been hollowed out by nature. The kids thought it was pretty neat. I liked the first picture because it showed so much of Rebekah's personality. :)

Some pictures of where we were hiking. Eventually it got into a canyon that had to be hiked by traipsing through the river. That's where we stopped. In fact, we did try to get past this point and mildly succeeded by climbing the "footholds" that you can see in the second picture. They are carved in the rock on the left of the photo.

Our cutie kids. Patrick loved being carted around in the carrier. I think we'll need to invest in one of these eventually. First, we'll have to prove we need it by going more often.

You may not have noticed the ridiculous guffaw on my face, but I chose this one over the others because both of the kids were looking at the camera and my guffaw didn't really look stupid - just not like everyone else's face. Seems to be a running thing . . . :)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, this looks beautiful! Had we known about this we would have been there. Looks like a great family outing.

Generational stitcher said...

I have decided that as a mom...there's no really good pictures taken...we always pick the ones that make everyone else look the best! Having said that I think it's a way cute picture of ALL of you!! Way fun outing!!!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Your family is so cute, and you look great! Utah alwasy sounds like it has soo many fun things to do and it is SOO PRETTY, very jealous! What a fun outing for your family!

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

SO fun!! I love the pics of Bekah Boo in the tree! It's gorgeous there. Looks like you guys had a great time and are taking advantage of the warm weather. Tell the fam hello...Love you!

Jenny and Al said...

I think that I have seen that EXACT same hollowed out tree! I'm serious! It made me think of the "Scarlet Pimpernel" movie when Percy is holding the little prince in a hollow tree. Have you seen that movie?

Mandie said...

That looks like a ton of fun. Really wish we had cool stuff around here like that.

Petty Family said...

Hiking in the St. George area is always great! Beautiful pictures. I love your carrier, what brand is it? I've been thinking of getting one.
-Emily

Kat Curtis said...

I like your guffaw - I think that's a great picture! It shows your fun personality. I love the movie of your kids laughing together too. Ben usually just tries to "bummy drum" Adam around the house until Adam falls down. Boys. I can't believe that Patrick will eat from a plate without throwing it off the table. I'll have to work on that one with Adam. Ravioli actually sounds really good right now... :)