I tricked Michael into getting on his work email and contacted some of his work buddies to arrange a mini treasure hunt. He received a short poem that I'd written early in the day that told him where to go next. He arrived shortly after work and they gave him a sack of clothes (his costume for the murder mystery that he didn't know was happening). He then drove to his next stop dolled up in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts . Should I remind you that it was 35 degrees outside? I thought it was funny. At the last stop he got his invitation to the "Lethal Luau"! He came home with a large grin.
I'm the first to admit that I don't have a natural flare for decorating, but I was pleased for how the "scene" turned out.
Here's the crowd!! Our surfer specialist even bleached his hair for the occasion. He got a few funny looks from his family the following Sunday when they all showed up for his baby's blessing! :) The best part was that I think that everyone had a really good time. I hope we're able to do something like this again soon. Truly memorable.
Michael was Les Baggs, an accident proned tourist. I was Birdie Putt, a professional golfer in the area for a tournament but doing horribly. Turned out that neither of us was the killer, but the real killer hid himself VERY well.
3 comments:
What a great idea for a party! It looks like a great time was had by all!
How fun, what a LUCKY hubby! You go to great lengths to show him how much you love him! Derrick and I are lucky if we get a card! I have to say you guys look like such a happy, loving, cute couple!
I have to say way to go, that is so awesome! I'm so not creative and wouldn't have been able to pull if off. But it looks like you did. What a lucky husband.
Post a Comment