Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Diaper Row


Does anyone else ever feel like they're doomed to walk through a mine field full of diapers for the rest of their life? Sometimes I feel like my life is ruled by diapers - dirty or clean. They make it out to the trash at least once a day and usually more. However, it makes me laugh when I've managed to accumulate more than five in one place. By the way, this was taken just about 10 a.m. - not at the end of the day. Yeah . . .

8 comments:

adgasdg said...

I think every parent thinks that until their child is potty-trained. My life doesn't revolve around diapers, but it's always in the background. I'm either changing them, washing them (we use cloth), folding them, or trying to find them. Lately, my little one squirms and twists every time I try to put on a diaper while he's on his back. So I have had to resort to putting on his diaper like pull-ups while he's in my lap or standing. I think he's just too excited about exploring all around him to hold still long enough for something as boring as a diaper...

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

That is a lot of diapers by 10am, I here you though! We always have them in a bag hanging on the door until we get them out (a couple times a day) but every time you walk by them they give you get a quiezy stomach and I am so afraid of someone "just stopping by" and seeing or smelling them:(. I guess there has to be a downfall to having such a sweet, lovely, cuddly little baby around:)!

Jill said...

You know it's bad when they aren't even wrapped up like that. Sometimes they are just out and open and pee-pee smelling. (like from a late night change...) Too funny!

Tiffany said...

Oh the perks of the job huh! They stack up fast, and my little boy asks to be changed even if he's not poppy.

Kat Curtis said...

That's so funny! I can't believe that you change so many diapers! You should put a gold star on your fridge for every diaper you change and see how decorated it is in a week's time! :) Good luck with the piles!!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! i'm glad you got to take a look at my blog. it's fun to see what everyone is up to now. i have to say, that little diaper pile is very reminiscent of my own living room. and i've only got 1 to worry about! nice to hear from you, stop by the blog anytime!!

Generational stitcher said...

I found that by the time they were about 18 months they could take their own diaper and put it in the trash. But until about a year ago I always had 2 in diapers...it's jut the pits.

Mandie said...

Ours accumulate on the changing table. For some reason I hate changing diapers anywhere else except there. Abby's getting too big for the changing table so I guess I'd better learn to like it.