Friday, January 18, 2008

First Playdate and Cleaning House


When I say first playdate, I mean it's the first time I've had a kid over to play with Rebekah without the parent coming along too. She had a blast and they tended to share decently with eachother. I was relieved. This kid lives across the street and Rebekah calls him "Thomass". Yes, there's a little bit more of an emphasis on the last syllable, but she didn't get it from me.

Some of you know that I really don't like doing dishes. I think they are my least favorite chore and seem to NEED to be done the most often. I'd leave them for Michael to do (and he does help when he remembers that I hate them), but they drive me nuts when they get to the point of overflowing the sink! There's also this problem that if I don't do them, then I have nothing to eat off of in the long run. I would much rather unload dishes. But I have to admit that unloading glasses is like matching white socks in laundry. Again, not my favorite. And last, but not least:
I found this at the bottom of Rebekah's bed under her covers. I have no clue how long it's been there. Lest you be ABSOLUTELY disgusted, it was previously carnation instant breakfast - thus the brown color. Usually, upon finding things like this, I brave cleaning them and using them again (part of the tight budget in me). But not knowing how many days? I threw it out and didn't even bother. Unfortunately, Rebekah did try to drink from it before I realized it and then whined for several minutes until the taste had left her mouth. YUCK!

5 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

She is SO cute!! I was in Michael's Stake in TX. I actually got here in a very...odd way, but was still excited! And I have found SO many gross sippy cups, I feel for you! Heather Spanogle Wakefield

Mindy said...

Have you ever looked at the sippy stopper inside the cup when the milk is congelled like that? You'll end up throwing out a lot more cups if you do. We usually have found ours in the car after a long trip...looks like yogurt only you don't remember having yogurt.

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Eeeeew, the joys of motherhood. I don't know about other hubby's, but mine doesn't like to look for an already used one before making him a new one and so I find them ALL the time. That never would of come to mind when thinking about children until I came to be a mother.

Melyssa said...

I can definitely relate about the dishes - it is so discouraging that you can spend hours and hours cleaning your kitchen until it gleams and then not even a day later your sink will be overflowing, your floor spattered with heaven knows what, finger prints smeared all over the cabinets and appliances....ahhh the joys of homemaking!!! Don't even get me started on the blasted sippy cups!!!!

As a side note, you mentioned you were going to be in Rexburg this month, did I miss you? Let me know if you are still coming so we can all get together again, that would be fun. Just email me at melyssaorme@yahoo.com. :)

Kristen Brady said...

I hate matching socks as well! You're great Rachael!