
We started yesterday. Ugh. That's all I have to say. It's a good thing that she's still doing naps, 'cause I don't think I would have made it through the day without the break. We had three successes and three (or four) misses. Sad part was that one of the misses happened right next to the toilet as she was attempting to flush the darn thing! Oh, well. We'll try again today. Any tips would be appreciated!
5 comments:
I have heard that potty training has different methods for different personalities! With Ethan we did the naked for a few weeks. Sounds bad, but when I tried another method and would take him in every so often he wouldn't go and would wet his pants as soon as I put them on again. When we let him run naked for a few weeks he had NO accidents...really! The only time he did was #2, he would get in a panic and didn't know where to go the first few times. Even with that though he only had maybe three accidents. As soon as I saw him running around in a panic I would grab him and throw him on the toilet! He has been potty trained since March maybe and has had hardly any accidents. The nap and bed time thing I gave up on, I heard they have different size bladders and some can handle and some can't until they are older! Good luck, you got to love this stage:)!
I am a firm believer in waiting until they show great interest in going in the toilet. With Paige I tried to train her before she really wanted to do it and it was frustrating for both of us. When I stopped and waited until she asked me to go potty in the toilet and she was truly ready, she was trained in one day. (I am not kidding!) With Kennedy we also waited until she showed interest and it took a little longer than Paige. We used a little sticker chart and gave her M&Ms when she would go potty in the toilet (1 for#1, 3 for #2) - Some kids are more reward motivated than others. Good luck! :)
I have to ask you after reading the comment on Tiffanys blog, did you date Bro. Buhr's son? Man aging is funny, I don't remember who anybody dated in High School...I am old!
I don't remember sooo much about high school and maybe that is a good thing:), I sometimes wonder how others percieved me! Funny, I actually saw Bro. Buhr before I got married!
Sounds like an adventure! Wow...I don't look forward to this time with Brampton. Good luck...I'm sure things will get better!!!
Post a Comment