I started exercising today. Yeah. I woke up at 7 a.m. and really didn't want to but I knew I had to start sooner than later if I was going to get a shower before I went to bed tonight.
I haven't physically exerted myself (besides walking my kids around the block) for a good year and a half. I was nervous about what would happen. I decided to start with 20 minutes and work from there on a day to day basis. I felt I was doing pretty well until I stopped. Then the nausea set in. I managed to carry Patrick upstairs before I bent over the kitchen sink and - well, you know. I think this was caused by two major forces working against me: 1) It had been so long since I'd really exercised. 2) I ate a piece of toast and a glass of milk an hour beforehand. Oops. I think I need to invest in some juice for some small pre-exercising nutrition. I'm gonna keep going, but I hope the rest of the days are better than today.
5 comments:
You are so good! It's always hard to get back into exercising...at least for me! Keep it up!
Woah. That's a real incentive to try it again, isn't it?
Good for you for making the effort, I'm still trying to get motivated myself. It will get better I'm sure!
Thanks for the advice, I will have to try it that tomorrow to see if it helps. He keeps throwing up the meds. so I am worried they aren't even helping! How is your work out going, are you still trying to do it? After Landen gets better I am really going to start trying, maybe you can keep on me and I will keep on you:)!!!
Go for it! I've been starting slow & just trying to be consistent with exercising, it sure can be tough at first!
Post a Comment