First, an update on my bread goal: I managed to get it to everyone (hot out of the oven) except two families. To make up for it, I took my family caroling to their homes on the 23rd, but neither were home. The saddest part was that they probably would have enjoyed the caroling just as much as the bread. Guess I can't say that I didn't try though!! :)
We had my family here for two-ish days right before Christmas. We couldn't make it up because Michael was working for the holiday, but they were gracious to make the effort to come down so we could be together for a small portion of the holiday. It was fabulous to have everyone there minus Eli (on a mission). Last year we were missing Joseph - it was so wonderful to have him back! We really do have fun together and besides disagreeing about movie previews, Michael feels like he fits in perfectly. We exchanged gifts the morning of Christmas Eve and it was mostly gifts for our family. The gifts were amazing this year! I think a family is a ton easier to shop for once they have kids. Just get toys and at least half of the family is happy! We got a lot of games and we were thrilled with that. I think Michael's highlight gift was a thick volume of "Calvin and Hobbes" comics. We lost him to it for a good 10 minutes during the unwrapping process. I'm a little worried that I won't see tons of him for about two weeks. :) I think my highlight gift was a tie between a training potty for Rebekah and a new bedspread/curtains for my room. Love them both!! Rebekah loves her kitchenette and all the things to go along with it. Patrick is content with whatever you wave in front of his face that he can keep a good hold on and get some good texture out of. The best part of the weekend for us was certainly the good company of family!
As far as Christmas Day itself - I lost my chapstick (seems to be a constant battle) and Michael worked for the morning, but the house is starting to look normal again and we all got some good sleep. Definite bonuses!
Hope you all had a happy Christmas! Pictures will come later!
3 comments:
How great to have your family come visit for Christmas! It sounds like you had a great time together!
Oooh, GOOD LUCK WITH THE POTTY TRAINING! I heard girls are a lot easier than boys. When Ethan turned two, his doctor said he was ready and he did ok, it was the #2 that was a little bothersome! Merry Christmas to you all (little late:). Hey about the breakfast dish, it is a loaf and was only about six pieces of bread (just whatever it takes to fill the bottom of the pan) and I bet it would taste good with french bread!
Abby has this talent of finding my chapstick and then creating exciting ways to destroy them. I wouldn't mind so much except I'm addicted to chaptstic and when I don't have one I think I'm going to die... :)
Post a Comment