Monday, December 17, 2007

Tag Was Always a Fun Game

I've been tagged by my friend Jolyn. Since I found out I've been racking my brain to come up with 7 random things about me. I'll do my best and hope that you find it interesting.

1. I'm a sheet nazi. Michael laughs at me for having to have the sheets just right before I go to bed. Drives me nuts when he rolls over to cuddle and he drags all the sheets with him. Then I have to fix them again!!

2. I've spent more time in hospitals in the last year than I care to remember. In actuality - 30 days were spent at a hospital in the 2007 calendar year. (That gets very expensive, by the way. I'm sure we haven't been our insurance company's favorite customers.) Only two of them were for me when I delivered Patrick. The rest were for Rebekah's many stays. I hope we're done with that phase of life for a LONG time.

3. I've never shot a gun in my life. (Unless you count the kind in arcades.) I remember one year at girl's camp they brought up a guy to help us learn and do some skeet shooting. I hid in the tent and cried out of shame and fear - literally.

4. I have moderate anxiety. I know I need to get some help for it, but it will have to wait until we can afford it. It used to be the worst when I was heading out of town and trying desperately to stick to a schedule. I've gotten much better. Now I just make Michael drive on the way out of town. :)

5. I'm a task oriented person, but I'm terrible with organization. There have been days that I've made 3 different lists to keep track of what I'm doing and what I've done only to lose one and have to make another. I've gotten better about not judging myself according to what's done or not done on the list at the end of each day, but it's still a challege that I have to fight every day.

6. I'm a TV zoner. There are some people that can (or have to) have the TV on almost all day. If it's on, I do nothing else. I zone out. Beth would be able to tell you a funny story about a time she was sitting next to me on the couch and had to call my name four times before I realized that she was trying to get my attention. Pathetic, I know. I suppose that's why we don't do the cable thing. I don't seem to have a problem pulling myself away from the older Disney movies that Rebekah's so fond of. Fortunate for me!

7. I'm generally not a snacker. If I don't know what I want (while in a snacky mood), then I generally opt to go without. Michael loves to have popcorn, hot cocoa, wassail, ice cream, or chips and salsa when we watch a movie at night. He always offers me a bit of whatever he's having and generally is turned down flat. I think it frustrates him more than anything, but most of the time I'm just not in the mood. Sorry! :)

There are my quirks! I now tag Melyssa, Jill, and Megan. Have fun girls!

2 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Wow, I knew you would be fun to tag:)! You definately have to teach me to be more task oriented, not good at organzation either, but learning! I feel so bad for your baby girl (and you and your family too) that is so hard and I can't imagine having to go through all that with my children. I feel you for the expenses though, it seems like we still pay soooooo much even with insurance, tricky system! I hope you get tagged again soon so I can learn more about you:)!

Melyssa said...

I hear you with the tv zoner comment, I am the same way with my computer. I responded to your tag on my blog. :) By the way it was good to see you over Thanksgiving break. I hope our crazy family didn't scare you guys.