Monday, December 17, 2007

A Glimpse Into Our Marriage


Can I just say that it looks like Michael is trying not to laugh? I wonder . . .


How long have you been married? 4 1/2 years

How long did you date? Before we were engaged? 2 months

How old are both of you? You had to ask now - I'm 28 and he's 27 until Jan. 4th. We're only a month and a week apart. Lame sauce!

Who eats more? I thought we were pretty even until yesterday when we had oatmeal and he cooked twice as much for himself as I'd had.

Who said I love you first? He did. I'd just gotten out of a bad relationship and I really didn't want to rush into anything I wasn't sure about. It took me about two weeks before I said it back.

Who's taller? Michael

Whose temper is worse? I fume, he pouts. I think we're pretty evenly split on this one.

Who does the laundry? I do. He tries to help fold, but if a movie is on, I end up folding all of it.

Who does the dishes? I feel like I do more, but I think that's just because I hate them so much. He really does pitch in on this one. I'm grateful.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. It's closer to the door for mid-night children needs.

Who pays the bills? We do it together. Frankly, most of it is set up automatically through our bank.

Who mows the lawn? Michael does. I love doing this, but he's much faster at it and I'm better at coraling the kids. Thus it falls to him.

Who cooks dinner? Usually me, but when he's home he pitches in with full effort. He loves to cook. However, he's always in charge of the grill. I've only used it once to make hamburgers and was lucky the food was edible.

Who drives when you're together? Michael

Who's the first to admit when they're wrong? I think it's usually me.

Who proposed? Michael. 7 a.m. Thursday morning in the university's largest concert hall. He'd written a song for me and played it on stage then ran down to where I was seated to ask me. He panicked when he saw my CTR ring on my ring finger though. Then he realized that he was supposed to put it on the left hand and felt a lot better.

Who has more friends? Not sure. Probably him. I'm not great at making close friends. I think I've only found one person since high school that I could call a close friend. But I have certain family members on both sides that I feel completely myself around.

Who has more siblings? Definitely me. I have 5 siblings, he has 2.

Who wears the pants in the family? I do with the kids, but he does over all. I think we're evenly matched there.

2 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

You guys are SUCH A CUTE COUPLE! Seriously, you can tell you guys are a happy couple! I loved learning more about you, especially your engagement story...that's cute he panicked:)!

Melyssa said...

It's so fun to read about other people's marriages and realize that despite what the world my try to depict, there are a lot of us "happily married" out here. :)