Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Something's missing


This has been one of those days where I feel like I left part of myself somewhere else and haven't quite found it yet. I feel just a tad short on patience, love, sanity, sleep, organization, and motivation.
It's taken Michael 2-4 hours to get to sleep for the last 4 nights in a row. He's been coughing enough that he's been kept awake. 'Course that means that generally I don't get as much sleep as I should and therefore I feel as if a part of me is left in bed when I do finally get up in the morning.
It's torture having a family member sick (including yourself) and there's nothing you can do to help them get better but wait things out. Horrid way to go in my opinion. But I've managed to get enough done thusfar that onlookers would never know I was having an off day. I just don't feel like I've been paying attention to my kids as I should or usually do. Kindof been off in my own world - trouble is that I'm not sure where that is!

2 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Hey, I got an email just a bit ago that said if you rub vicks vapor rub on the bottom of feet and put sock over them that helps you sleep longer with a cough, supposed to work with kids too! If you try it let me know if it works:)!

The Vawdrey Family said...

We've tried the Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of feet and IT WORKS. Our 3-yr old slept through the night after we tried it (two nights in a row). Good luck!